Finanční výsledky UPS za 3Q 2021 (v angličtině)
UPS RELEASES 3Q 2021 EARNINGS
• Consolidated Revenues of $23.2B, Up 9.2% from Last Year
• Consolidated Operating Profit of $2.9B, Up 22.6% from Last Year; Up 23.4% on
an Adjusted* Basis
• Diluted EPS of $2.65, Up 18.3% from Last Year; Adjusted Diluted EPS Up 18.9%
• Company Raises Full-Year 2021 Financial Guidance
ATLANTA – October 26, 2021 – UPS (NYSE:UPS) today announced third-quarter 2021 consolidated revenue of $23.2 billion, a 9.2% increase over the third quarter of 2020. Consolidated operating profit was $2.9 billion, up 22.6% compared to the third quarter of 2020, and up 23.4% on an adjusted basis. Diluted earnings per share were $2.65 for the quarter, 18.3% above the same period in 2020, and up 18.9% on an adjusted basis.
For the third quarter of 2021, GAAP results include after-tax transformation and other charges of $54 million, equivalent to $0.06 per share. Year-to-date cash from operations was $11.8 billion, up 26.7% compared to the same period in 2020, with free cash flow of $9.3 billion, a 52.3% increase above the first nine months of 2020.
“I want to thank all UPSers for delivering what matters with great service to our customers,” said Carol Tomé, UPS chief executive officer. “The actions we are taking under our better not bigger strategic framework to improve revenue quality, enhance productivity and remain disciplined on capital allocation are driving our positive financial performance.”
U.S. Domestic Segment
• Revenue was up 7.4%, driven by a 12.0% increase in revenue per piece.
• Operating margin was 9.9%; adjusted operating margin was 10.0%.
• Revenue increased 15.5%, with strong growth from all regions.
• Operating margin was 22.3%; adjusted operating margin was 23.5%.
Supply Chain Solutions Segment
• Revenue increased 8.4%, led by Forwarding and Logistics, which combined grew 35.4%.
• Operating margin was 10.3%; adjusted operating margin was 10.5%.
For the full year in 2021, the company is raising its consolidated adjusted operating margin target to approximately 13.0% and expects adjusted return on invested capital to be around 29%. Capital expenditures are now planned to be approximately $4.2 billion and the company’s effective tax rate is expected to be about 22.5%.
* “Adjusted” and free cash flow amounts are non-GAAP financial measures. See the appendix to this release for a discussion of non-GAAP financial measures, including a reconciliation to the most closely correlated GAAP measure.
UPS Media Relations: 404-828-7123 or firstname.lastname@example.org
UPS Investor Relations: 404-828-6059 (option 4) or email@example.com
UPS (NYSE: UPS) is one of the world’s largest companies, with 2020 revenue of $84.6 billion, and provides a broad range of integrated logistics solutions for customers in more than 220 countries and territories. Focused on its purpose statement, “Moving our world forward by delivering what matters,” the company’s more than 540,000 employees embrace a strategy that is simply stated and powerfully executed: Customer First. People Led. Innovation Driven. UPS is committed to reducing its impact on the environment and supporting the communities we serve around the world. UPS also takes an unwavering stance in support of diversity, equality, and inclusion. More information can be found at www.ups.com, about.ups.com and www.investors.ups.com.